A regeneration project by Caernarfon Harbour Trust and Galeri Caernarfon Cyf.


Cei Llechi

WHAT WILL BE ON THE SITE?


19 workspaces for local artisan/craft manufacturers and holiday lets to open in 2020.

About Us

HISTORY OF THE SITE


Evidence of the origins of Cei Llechi can be found as far back as 1611, where according to maps, it appeared to be a levelled area with a face cut into the bed-rock on the east bank of the river Seiont. Eighteenth century views of the area such as Richard Wilson’s painting Caernarfon Castle (1745) also depict various activities such as netting and boat-repair taking place in this area.

DEVELOPING THE SITE


The project’s architect is Purcell, and Grosvenor Construction Ltd of Kinmel Bay are responsible for the construction and conservation of the site.

Work on the site started in October 2018 and the initial timescale is to open the site by the end of April 2020.

Photos taken of the site before starting the work

Photos taken on the site in August 2019

INTERESTED IN A UNIT?


The units/workshops are suitable to makers of all kinds – the only essential factor is that everything sold in the units are made on the site – from raw material to the finished product.

Cei Llechi offers a perfect location for any business who creates/manufactures products of all kinds – metal, glass, jewellery, wood, textiles, art, food or drink.

To express an interest and for further information, please contact Gwyn Roberts:

ceillechi@galericaernarfon.com | 01286 685 201

Development by:

Galeri a Caernarfon Harbour Trust

This project is funded by:

Galeri a Caernarfon Harbour Trust

© 2019 Cei Llechi. Website by Delwedd